Technical Specialist - Technical Support
We are looking for a talented Tech Support Specialist to join our Tech Support Team. The Technical Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting new and existing customers, on the phone or via email, that use our products by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions
- Answers inbound technical support calls and emails
- Remotely Troubleshoot Access Control Software and Hardware
- Troubleshoot products on the OpenTech IoE Platform
- Troubleshoot Windows computer issues on an advanced level
- Troubleshoot computer peripherals on an advanced level
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve our software and hardware based on technical support calls
- Creates case tickets for all issues
- Effectively analyzes customers technical support needs, and troubleshoots them quickly and efficiently.
- Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures to best support an issue
- Uses knowledge and skills to address customers' needs and resolve problems within existing specifications and standards; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to a Senior Technician.
- Collaborates with other teams in the company, as needed, to resolve customer issues and request enhancements for our products.
- Maintains solid customer relationships.
- Contributes to our growing knowledgebase for internal and customer use
- Provides exceptional customer management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Manages customer expectations through to successful completion and user satisfaction.
- Adheres to company protocols, consistencies, and procedures.
- Serves as the first line of resolution for peers to quickly help resolve procedural or technical issues that might have otherwise been escalated to a manager.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries in timely manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Interfaces closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of OpenTech Alliance, Inc. products within customer environment.
- Escalates unresolved issues, with thorough documentation to the appropriate department as required, to assist with resolution.
Required Computer/Software Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Advanced Windows 7 and Windows 10 computer support
- Network troubleshooting
- Firewall infrastructure and manipulation
- Internet Explorer management
- Some experience with voltage meters and circuity
- Knowledge of Windows commands and component shortcuts
- Website navigation
- Computer peripheral troubleshooting
- Technical support experience
- Proper phone etiquette
- Multi-tasking tactics and experience
- Customer service experience
- Access Control (Experience is a plus, but not required)
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
- Regularly uses a keyboard to interact with computer system
- Regularly required to communicate verbally
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Certificate from college or technical school plus 2 to 3 years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education or experience
- Familiarity with Access Control systems is a plus
This is a full time, in-house position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
OpenTech reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.