StorageTreasures Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Who We Are
OpenTech is a technology company that provides innovative solutions and exceptional service for self-storage property owners and customers. We have the high energy level and customer focus of an innovative startup, backed by the experience and leadership of a top management team. We are passionate about partnering with our clients to create opportunities for success, and committed to continuously improving ourselves, our processes and our solutions. We make mistakes, but it is how we recover from them that makes us a great company. Sound like the place for you?
We are a compassionate company that truly cares about our people. Interested in joining the OpenTech family? Apply today.
What’s the Role
Our opening is for a StorageTreasures Customer Service Representative (CSR). This position is primarily responsible for providing real-time support for members using the StorageTreasures.com website, including, but not limited to, callers interested in posting online & onsite auction, private sellers of merchandise, buyers/bidders of storage unit auctions and auctioneers. Member Service Representatives provide consultative, solution-based services, as well as general service requests and technical support. This position will also be responsible for professionally representing StorageTreasures and OpenTech to our customers and their clients with the knowledge and skills to provide them with high quality service and customer care at every touch point by performing the following duties.
What You’ll Do
Core duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following, others duties may be assigned
- Handles inbound/outbound service issues via phone, email, and chat.
- Provides detailed documentation.
- Provides real-time Customer support.
- Proactively engages customers to increase customer satisfaction, which include making outbound calls.
- Utilizes detail-oriented traits with strong follow-through skills to complete all service requests.
- Maintains a deep comprehension of StorageTreasures websites and services.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Responds to caller inquiries in regards to a wide range of services and opportunities.
- Resolves caller concerns by providing consultative service and demonstrates strong verbal and empathetic skills.
- Accesses and accurately updates records as appropriate utilizing several computer applications, systems, and resources.
- Remains updated on department and agency services, policies, and changes via use of e-mail, web, bulletins, and other agency communication.
- Resolves contract service problems promptly and accurately, within prescribed agency guidelines, and in a manner designed to retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Provides information regarding services and agency practices as appropriate in accordance with the company’s image and values.
- Reports trends related to current and prospective customer, business partners, and/or service issues to management promptly.
- Adheres to department standards and individual goals or challenges as set by call services management.
- Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse and handle difficult caller situations either by phone or written correspondence.
- Maintains compliance with all standards, controls, policies and practices as an active participant in the company's information privacy and security program.
- Knowledge of auction terminology is a plus
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:00AM – 5:00PM, Saturday: 7:00AM – 2:00PM
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
This position starts at $15/hour
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Eligibility
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability, Critical Care, Legal Shield)
Who We Are Looking For
You might be a great fit for OpenTech if:
You are collaborative, hardworking, value integrity and bring a positive attitude to everything you do. You care about where you work and the people you work with. You are a creative problem solver and can prove it. You are a team player, ready to step up and step in when needed. You value individuality, and actively seek out perspectives, ideas and insights other than your own. You like people and they like you.
Necessary Tools & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet Software (MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox); Payroll Systems; Contract Management Systems; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Microsoft (MS) Windows (Excel), and Google Sheets.
Ability to multi-task between phone calls and incoming chats, navigate and utilize multiple programs while on the phone, to research and resolve the customer’s issues or requests as needed. Be a self-motivator. Stay on task throughout the day to ensure all work is complete by the end of your shift. Be a team player. Ability to consult and strategize with team members. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
This role can have no prior or current felonies related to financial matters.
Bachelor’s Degree in areas of specialty and 1 to 3 years of experience in a related Customer Service field preferred; or three plus year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, technology and procedures within the Managerial and Customer Service field.
Experience with high volume environments: multi-task, prioritize and self-sufficient.
Strong communication and relationship building skills.
The Fine Print
OpenTech reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
OpenTech Alliance, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OpenTech Alliance, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.