Who We Are
OpenTech is a technology company that provides innovative solutions and exceptional service for self storage property owners and customers. We have the high energy level and customer focus of an innovative startup, backed by the experience and leadership of a top management team. We are passionate about partnering with our clients to create opportunities for success, and committed to continuously improving ourselves, our processes and our solutions. We make mistakes, but it is how we recover from them that makes us a great company. Sound like the place for you?
We are a compassionate company that truly cares about our people. Interested in joining the OpenTech family? Apply today.
What’s the Role
Our open role is for a Business Analyst. The right candidate will become a member of the Development Team. Responsible for the identification, documentation, management and communication of scope and requirements for multiple products and initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Act as a subject matter expert, generate and capture requirements, track and resolve project issues, and create and manage user stories.
What You’ll Do
Core duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Manage intake of enhancements and feature requests
- Meet with assigned project stakeholders to perform an initial assessment of said requests, problematic situations or new business opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis on business issues to identify weakness and problems
- Compile recommendations/solutions with attention to desires, capabilities and limitations
- Outline and present recommended options for solutions or implementations with detailed data and documentation
- Determine impacts on enterprise-wide basis for resources, systems and/or processes
- Assess the effectiveness of changes to include tracking costs and the overall benefits of these changes
- Partner with appropriate resources to help outline ROI for proposed initiatives and/or projects
- Work collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver chosen solution(s)
- Ensure continued alignment for all initiatives and projects with the strategic goals outlined by organization
- Serve as a liaison between IT/Dev and business to facilitate understanding of intent
- Monitor status of enhancement projects with clear communication to business partners
- Works with management and users to define, develop and implement innovative business solutions
- Elicits requirements and acceptance criteria through customer interviews, internal brainstorming sessions, UX design and prototyping sessions, use case assessment, task and workflow analysis
- Hold regular meetings to review epics, user stories and other technical documents with Product Owner, IT/Dev Teams, and Business to ensure requirements are adequately reflected in planning documents
- Prepares and distributes release notes and training documentation to accompany production releases of software
- Obtain continuous feedback from support and customers, bringing intellectual property back to the product team, and making recommendations on future service offerings
Who We Are Looking For
You might be a great fit for OpenTech if:
You are collaborative, hardworking, value integrity and bring a positive attitude to everything you do. You care about where you work and the people you work with. You are a creative problem solver and can prove it. You are a team player, ready to step up and step in when needed. You value individuality, and actively seek out perspectives, ideas and insights other than your own. You like people and they like you.
Necessary Tools & Skills
- 4+ year(s) proven job experience
- Experience writing user stories, functional requirements and specifications
- Demonstrates a high level of competency in:
- Analytical skills; ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information
- Organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and juggle priorities effectively
- Entrepreneurial qualities, such as trying innovative solutions, resiliency to change and recognizing what is most important to get done
- Providing and welcoming open, honest, respectful and constructive feedback
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Accurately estimate work effort for assigned tasks
- Timely completion of deliverables
- Working knowledge of QA principles
- Working knowledge of data structures
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile, and Kanban methodologies
- Working knowledge software development best practice attributes of maintainability, dependability, efficiency, and usability
- Familiar with VSTS, JIRA and Confluence
- Familiar with DevOps best practices
- B.S. degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, related degree, or 4 years of job experience
The Fine Print
OpenTech reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
OpenTech Alliance, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OpenTech Alliance, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.