Who We Are
OpenTech is a technology company that provides innovative solutions and exceptional service for self storage property owners and customers. We have the high energy level and customer focus of an innovative startup, backed by the experience and leadership of a top management team. We are passionate about partnering with our clients to create opportunities for success, and committed to continuously improving ourselves, our processes and our solutions. We make mistakes, but it is how we recover from them that makes us a great company. Sound like the place for you?
You might be a great fit for OpenTech if:
You are collaborative, hardworking, value integrity and bring a positive attitude to everything you do. You care about where you work and the people you work with. You are a creative problem solver and can prove it. You are a team player, ready to step up and step in when needed. You value individuality, and actively seek out perspectives, ideas and insights other than your own. You like people and they like you.
We are a compassionate company that truly cares about our people. Interested in joining the OpenTech family? Apply today.
What You'll Do
TheAccounting Clerk will assist the Accounting Team with varied accounting and administrative functions and tasks, primarily in relation to one of our top selling product offerings. Toperform this job successfully, an individual would need to be a happy and willing team player an would ideally have strong knowledge of: billing/invoicingand collections, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Excel anddata entry.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned. The salary for this position starts at $18 depending on experience.
- Create and maintain records in CRM, spreadsheets and other systems as required.
- Creates invoices and works with the accounting department to ensure invoices are approved and correct.
- Receives and records information using a variety of tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
- Uses knowledge and skills to address customers’ needs and resolve problems within existing specifications and standards; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to management.
- Works directly with other teams, as needed to resolve customer issues and request enhancements for our products.
- Maintains solid customer relationships.
- Actively contributes to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our customers.
- Provides exceptional customer management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Manages customer expectations through to successful completion and user satisfaction.
- Adheres to company protocols, consistencies, and procedures.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries in timely manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Interfaces closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Effectively communicates and exchanges information among team members.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of OpenTech Alliance, Inc. products within customer environment.
- Escalates unresolved issues, with thorough documentation to the appropriate department as required, to assist with resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills You Need
- 2+ year(s) proven job experience
- General Accounting Experience
- General Computer Skills/Software
- Detailed Oriented
- Must be proactive and take initiative
- Ability to be a team player
- Familiar with using QuickBooks
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Able to work well under pressure
- Certificate from college or technical school plus 2 to 3 years of related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience