Training and Documentation Specialist
Who We Are
OpenTech is a technology company that provides innovative solutions and exceptional service for self-storage property owners and customers. We have the high energy level and customer focus of an innovative startup, backed by the experience and leadership of a top management team. We are passionate about partnering with our clients to create opportunities for success, and committed to continuously improving ourselves, our processes and our solutions. We make mistakes, but it is how we recover from them that makes us a great company. Sound like the place for you?
We are a compassionate company that truly cares about our people. Interested in joining the OpenTech family? Apply today.
What’s the Role
The Training and Documentation Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and managing all internal training initiatives. This position will be responsible for creating both strategic training and technical documentation plans. This position will create and maintain all training and technical documentation to ensure proper storing and sharing.
Essential Job Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned
- Develop and deliver internal training from onboarding through continuous education
- Create learning solutions including user guides and quick reference guides
- Work with project teams to develop appropriate content of product guides
- Prepare and conduct technical training programs
- Deploy training to targeted personnel.
- Develop enablement tools to support training and product knowledge
- Ensure all training and system documentation is consistent in format, easily accessible and follows established version controls.
- In depth knowledge of instructional design.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Generates creative solutions.
- Translates concepts and information into images.
- Uses feedback to modify designs and applies design principles.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and meets commitments.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations, accepts feedback from others and treats people with respect.
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others as well as inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Understands business implications of decisions and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Displays orientation to profitability.
- Aligns work with strategic goals and manages competing demands.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and or boards of directors.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college and technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe and Dream Weaver
- The employee may occasionally lift and/ or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, use hands or fingers to handle or feel.