Who We Are
OpenTech is a technology company that provides innovative solutions and exceptional service for self storage property owners and customers. We have the high energy level and customer focus of an innovative startup, backed by the experience and leadership of a top management team. We are passionate about partnering with our clients to create opportunities for success, and committed to continuously improving ourselves, our processes and our solutions. We make mistakes, but it is how we recover from them that makes us a great company. Sound like the place for you?
We are a compassionate company that truly cares about our people. Interested in joining the OpenTech family? Apply today.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Our company is looking for innovation & modern solutions nosql, sql, graphql, key-store
- Our company doesn't want anything on-prem
- Be part of a team of people that are changing the self storage industry
Who We Are Looking For
You are collaborative, hardworking, value integrity and bring a positive attitude to everything you do. You care about where you work and the people you work with. You are a creative problem solver and can prove it. You are a team player, ready to step up and step in when needed. You value individuality, and actively seek out perspectives, ideas and insights other than your own. You like people and they like you
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Implement CI/CD for database updates in alignment with software releases.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Develop and maintain database standards.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Manage database access.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
Education/ Skill Requirements:
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Experience working with big data patterns and technologies, including data pipelines, real-time data processing and data lakes
- - Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, CosmosDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
The Fine Print
OpenTech reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
OpenTech Alliance, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OpenTech Alliance, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.